Aikido emphasizes circular movement, physical conditioning and the development of a core balance and strength to blend with an attacker for the resolution of conflict. The flowing nature of the techniques along with proper breathing permits a sense of relaxation during critically stressful times. Thus, through Aikido training, a student hones their personal clarity and confidence bringing about improved conflict resolution in everyday life, whether verbal, emotional or physical.
There are many benefits incorporating martial arts, yoga, nutrition and other wellness programs in both your personal life and in the workplace. This introductory workshops will give you the opportunity to work with professionals who will explain and demonstrate principles of Aikido, health and wellness.
Key takeaways from the event will include demonstrations, practical applications and learning ways to:
- Increase awareness, self-esteem and confidence
- Learn to stay calm in stressful situations
- Explore methods to overcome fear during times of crisis
- Enhance your health and vitality
- Reduce stress
- Improve circulation & respiratory function
- Increase flexibility
- Learn basic dojo/Aikido etiquette
Date: First Saturday of every month
Cost: We accept donations for this event.
What to wear: Comfortable casual clothing.
- 11:00 AM: Introduction to Aikido
- 11:15 AM: The format of a typical Aikido class (layout of the dojo, how class will start/end, what to expect during a class, description of class apparel, basic dojo etiquette. Technique and practical applications related to staying centered and moving.
- 11:30 AM: Principles of being present/centered, basic movement techniques, the importance of breath and breathing and overall awareness
- 12:30 PM: Q&A session
Everyone who completes Open House training is eligible for two, free weeks of aikido training at the dojo.
This will give you the opportunity to really explore the principles touched on during the introduction and try out a variety of techniques for yourself.